2020 CFP Submission Guidelines
Denver Startup Week (DSW) is committed to providing an impactful event that educates and inspires, creates community, and celebrates Denver’s thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem. DSW has always been about serving entrepreneurs, empowering business, and coming together to build a stronger, more connected community.
Denver Startup Week 2020 is going virtual! We're excited to work with you to bring the best content our community has ever seen. We can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves!
Please use the guidelines below for submitting content.
This year more than ever - Remember that less is more, please limit your submissions. What does this mean for you? Give us your best content!
As we move virtual, the format of DSW will evolve slightly to ensure there’s something for everyone. Content will still be categorized across our eight Tracks. We will be holding sessions in four different lengths/formats - 10-minute “lightning talks” and 30-, 60- and 90-minute sessions. Please identify your ideal session length in your submission.
Call for Proposals will open June 1 and will close June 17 at 11:59 p.m.
As you plan for your submission for DSW here are some key tips to help you:
- Title - Make it catchy!
- 60-second video pitching your submission - help us show how you might come across using a virtual medium!
- Track selection
- Ideal session length (10, 30, 60 or 90 minutes)
- Contact information (email, company)
- Public-facing description
- Reviewer notes/pitch
- Target audience
- Code of Conduct and Diversity and Inclusion acknowledgments
- Session format (talk, panel, workshop) and ideal length (10, 30, 60, 90)
- All submitted DSW sessions, including my own, will be REQUIRED to have gender and/or race/ethnicity diversity with regard to its organization, participation and/or content
Video Submission Tips:
- Minimum of 60-seconds
- Ensure good video resolution
- Submit as an unlisted youtube link
- Good sound quality
- Aesthetically pleasing video background
- Quality lighting so we can see you!
Points To Think About:
- Assemble a well-balanced program
- Widely applicable, niche, on-trend, or timeless
- Skill building, storytelling, or inspirational-aspirational
- Presenter(s) should represent a broad range of perspectives and companies
- Give us your best content!
- Sessions will be a variety of lengths 10min, 30min, 60min, 90min - please share with us which you prefer
- Bring your best. Remember that less is more, please limit your submissions!
- Be concise and polished
- Show us the diversity and experience of your panelists
- Consider the medium and how you can effectively engage the audience virtually
- Consider your audience
- Submit on time using the portal
- Always remember to give first
- Pitch products or services
- Be ambiguous
- Abuse the system
- Duplicate submissions
- Worry about logistics - DSW will take care of that part!
- Read more about Tracks here.
Do you have a question about Denver Startup Week? You might not be the first. Check out our answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.