Ready Patient One: Mixed Reality in the Front Range
Mixed reality is moving fast in both new hardware and applications. This session will give participants an opportunity to hear from industry leaders that are providing new hardware and design applications and is anchored by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, an industry leader in providing virtual reality systems designs.
We will also hear from university efforts (Colorado State University Biomedical Sciences) and startup companies (Blue Penguin, FirstHand Technology) pursuing different applications in medical education such as virtual anatomy for training healthcare professionals and surgical preplanning, molecular visualization and analytics for drug design, and applications in mental health where virtual reality is being used to reduce symptoms associated with anxiety and other medical indications.
It is very likely that demonstrations of VR and AR in this exciting new technology area will be available at the session or immediately following our panel's review of key issues facing this growing and exciting field.
- Dr. Alan Rudolph — Vice President for Research, Colorado State University
- Tod Clapp — Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University
- Kaden Strand — CEO & Software Engineer, Blue Penguin
- Paul Martin — VP of Sales, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Howard Rose — CEO & Design Director, FirstHand Technology