2021 CFP Submission Guidelines
Denver Startup Week (DSW) is committed to providing an impactful event that educates and inspires, creates community, and celebrates Denver’s thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem. DSW has always been about serving entrepreneurs, empowering business, and coming together to build a stronger, more connected community.
Virtual Community Kickoff
To that end, we invited our community to a virtual kickoff event on Tuesday, May 4. Watch the webinar recording for inspiration, community, and to hear from the DSW Organizing Committee about our vision for Denver Startup Week 2021 and how you can stand out from the crowd during the annual Call for Session Submissions process. View the recording here!
Session Submissions Information
All Denver Startup Week 2021 content submissions should be virtual. For greater accessibility and to ensure the safety of our community, all sessions will be held on Zoom. As a session organizer, you may choose whether to bring your panelists together in-person safely or have everyone join remotely. All content will be streamed live to the DSW website.
We're excited to work with you to bring the best content our community has ever seen. We can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves!
Please use the guidelines below for submitting content.
Remember that less is more. Please limit your submissions to your best content!
With virtual sessions, the format of DSW has evolved slightly to ensure there’s something for everyone. Content will still be categorized across our eight Tracks. Your session can be 30, 60, or 90 minutes – please specify the length in your submission.
Call for Proposals will open May 10 and will close June 11 at 11:59 p.m MT.
As you plan for your submission for DSW here are some key tips to help you:
- Title - Make it catchy!
- 60-second video pitching your submission - help us show how you might come across using a virtual medium.
- Videos are required for some tracks and recommended for all tracks.
- Track selection
- Ideal session length (30, 60 or 90 minutes)
- Contact information (email, company) including a backup
- Public-facing description
- Reviewer notes/pitch
- Target audience
- Code of Conduct and Diversity and Inclusion acknowledgments
- Session format (talk, panel, workshop) and ideal length (30, 60, 90 minutes)
- All submitted DSW sessions will be REQUIRED to have gender and/or race/ethnicity diversity with regard to its organization, participation and/or content
Video Submission Tips:
- Minimum of 60 seconds
- Ensure good video resolution
- Submit as an unlisted YouTube link
- Good sound quality
- Aesthetically pleasing video background
- Quality lighting so we can see you!
Points To Think About:
- Assemble a well-balanced program
- Widely applicable, niche, on-trend, or timeless
- Skill-building, storytelling, or inspirational-aspirational
- Presenter(s) should represent a broad range of perspectives and companies
- Give us your best content!
- Sessions will be a variety of lengths: 30min, 60min, 90min - please share with us which you prefer
- Bring your best. Remember that less is more. Please limit your submissions!
- Be concise and polished
- Show us the diversity and experience of your panelists
- Consider the medium and how you can effectively engage the audience virtually
- Consider your audience
- Submit on time using the portal
- Always remember to give first
- Pitch products or services
- Be ambiguous
- Abuse the system
- Duplicate submissions
- Worry about logistics - DSW will take care of that part!
Do you have a question about Denver Startup Week? You're probably not the first. Check out our answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.