DSW Pitch Competition: Finalists Announced!
Our top 6 Denver Startup Week Pitch Competition companies who are advancing to Finals are:
- BUDERFLYS - The Worlds 1st Perfect Fitting Smart Earbud/Hearable.
- EEqual - Youth-led nonprofit working to mitigate the impacts of poverty in education.
- Fireless Cremation Systems - Deceased beneficially returned to the earth!
- Future Holders by Aspen Academy - Future Holders promotes youth leadership, finance and entrepreneurship.
- Therapeasy.co - On a mission to help you find your perfect therapist.
- Teen Hustl - Hyper-local service that delivers from restaurants and grocery stores to homes and businesses.
You won't want to miss watching who will walk home with the grand prize Thursday, Spetember 17th at 7:00pm!
WATCH FINALS LIVE - https://www.denverstartupweek.org/schedule/6880-dsw-pitch-challenge-finals
Thank you to our Semi-Finalist Judges:
- Michael Beavis, the Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship for The Denver Office of Economic Development (DEDO)
- Nina Sharma, the Interim Executive Director OF Project X-ITE at University of Denver
- Taryn Elliott, Product Design and User Interface Practice Chair, Polsinelli
- Ellen Caviglia Clark Co-Founder & CEO of Tonic
- Saba Karim, Global Startup Pipeline Manager at Techstars
- Virginia Chau, Director of Deal Flow for Capital Studio
- Barbara Brooks, Founder and CEO of SecondAct|Women
- Beau Bergman, COO at Rox Box Containers
- Carrie Singer, Small Business Services Program Manager at The Denver Office of Economic Development
- Daniel Schmidt, Angel Investor and Entrepreneur
- Dave Westol, Angel investor and former entrepreneur
- Hannah Annalora, Local Marketing Producer at General Assembly
- Ira Coleman, Founder of Button & Zipper and Fluent Hustle
- Jay Mays, Managing Partner at Pitch Lab
- Kerby Meyers, Principal at The Communications Refinery
- Osa Aihie, Investor & Entrepreneur - Black Ice Media
This year's Pitch Competition is sponsored by KICKSTART FUND:
Kickstart Fund is a seed-stage venture capital firm in Utah with a mission to fuel the best companies in the Mountain West. Raising venture capital is about more than just swapping shares for money and a board seat; it’s about investing in the right partner to complement your team. With Kickstart, you get collaborators. Fellow entrepreneurs with first-hand experience. A team that understands what it’s like to see a version of the future no one else does and who knows what it will take to make it real. Kickstart’s community platform brings all the knowledge across our networks directly to our portfolio companies in the form of events, resources, and connections.
This event will be LIVE streamed from Galvanize.
Galvanize is a technology ecosystem for learners, entrepreneurs, startups, and established companies that meets the needs of our rapidly changing digital world. Traditionally, industry and education only existed separately. At Galvanize, we've bridged this gap by bringing together industry partners, ambitious students, world-class education, and passionate founders, all under one roof. This is the Galvanize community.