Design vs. Dev: It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way
This panel will bridge both the Design Track and the Development Track.
Anyone who has managed or worked on a team creating a digital product or website knows exactly what I’m talking about when I say "design vs dev.” It’s like there is an unwritten rule that designers and developers should not like each other and it is their personal responsibility to make the others job as hard as possible.
Why is this?
Is it a difference in personalities? A problem of egos? A lack of rudimentary social skills?
Perhaps. Or just maybe, designer and developers have never be offered an alternative and they are just following the path they believe their role is supposed to by living up to and projecting the stereotypes passed on to them.
The individuals on this panel have all grappled at finding better ways for teams of designers and developers to work together more efficiently and more effectively. The panel will discuss how they have found success and what continues to trip them up today.
- Bree Thomas, Developer at Mode Set, Co-Founder of The Aha Method and formerly Group Account Director at Factory Design Labs
- Mario Rini, Digital Director at Strada Advertising, formerly Creative Director at io
- Olivia James, Marketing Program Manager at K2.
- Bryan Lesniewski, UX Designer and Product Owner at TransUnion
- Jason Hummel, Founder and Development Lead at Chalk
- Justin Gitlin, Director/Developer at Mode Set
- Ian T. Nordeck, Creative Director and Consultant, former Creative Director at SpireMedia
Coffee and light breakfast provided.
Hosted by: Ian T. Nordeck