Bracing for impact: Building businesses with people and planet in mind
Regardless of size or sector, integrating social and sustainable practices into your company’s brand and culture can help you not only survive, but thrive.
As more and more consumers seek products, brands, and services that align with their personal missions and values, companies pushing people and planet aside are struggling to keep up. Regardless of industry, weaving social responsibility and environmental sustainability into one's company and culture can improve employee retention, boost customer satisfaction, fuel future growth, and ensure a lasting legacy of positive impact.
In this session, innovators and leaders from diverse sectors will discuss the fundamentals of successful social and sustainable ventures, while unpacking strategies and tactics to build and grow them in today’s ever-evolving economy. The session will conclude with a unique opportunity to advise and inform the CSU System around the business support services and entrepreneurial resources to be offered at its future campus at the National Western Center in north Denver.
- Scott Shrake – Director, CSU Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Jenn Perez – Sustainability Coordinator, Ball Aerospace
- Stacey Putka – Program Director, Defy Ventures Colorado
- August Ritter – Program Director, The Sustainability Accelerator, The Nature Conservancy
- Rob Smith – Executive Director, Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute
- Alexandra West – Principal Consultant, Public Sector, Community Impact Lead, Slalom Consulting
CSU - Denver Center 2nd Floor Atrium
475 17th Street