Alice & the Silicon Valley Rabbit Hole: Colorado vs. the Coast
Historically, venture finance has been rooted in the coasts, and Colorado was a fly-over state. Present day, Colorado’s economy is booming, posting double-digit growth, a young and educated workforce is flocking to the Front Range in droves, and major companies are moving their headquarters to Colorado. What does this mean for venture capital in Colorado? Should the ecosystem continue to look at the coasts for money, or do we look in the mirror and increase access to capital in Colorado? And if larger funds locate in Colorado, what does the future hold? How do we change? We invite investors, policymakers, founders, and funders to join us for a deep dive into Colorado’s VC journey.
- Peter Adams, Executive Director of the Rockies Venture Club and Managing Partner of the Rockies Venture Fund and the Rockies Impact Fund
- Chris Kaffer, Co-Founder and CEO of Mallinda, Inc.
- Rose Standifer, Attorney at Moye White
- Kirsten Suddath, Entrepreneur in Residence, Techstars
- Moderator by Jessica Hunter, Attorney at Moye White