Designing the Vision: Why Design Matters from Day 1
Whether you’re bootstrapping from a garage & getting whiteboards from the dump, or starting fresh after a successful exit, building your business is no easy task; it can be an exhilarating, trying, and sometimes terrifying experience. And with Colorado’s startup scene attracting entrepreneurs and businesses from around the world, competition is fierce.
With everything at stake, there's a critical piece of the equation that's often overlooked: design. By prioritizing design, a business can convey trust in investors, turn buyers into lifelong customers, and build the best places to work. In this session panelists will discuss:
- What’s in a name? Experiences from naming brands and products
- How branding and re-branding contributes to culture
- How important is UX, really?
- Fake it until you make it; the benefits of vaporware
- Fail Fast: Current challenges and lessons learned
- Hiring: Do you need to bring design in house?
- It's okay to ask for help: Working with outside consultants
- Growth: How a brand evolves and matures with the business
Snacks and free swag will be provided!
- Brennan Gilbert, Creative Director @ GoSpotCheck
- Jessica Sherlock, Group Product Manager @ GoSpotCheck
- Evan Huwa, Sr. Marketing Designer @ SendGrid
- Jason Walker, Sr. Design Technologist @ SendGrid
Moderator: Jessica Nolan, Director of Product @ FullContact
Hosted by: GoSpotCheck, SendGrid & FullContact
1500 Market Street, 80202