DSW 2020 Attendees, This One’s for You! Read On to Make the Most of Your Time
Denver Startup Week is going global, and 2020 is guaranteed to be unforgettable! As an event built by the community, for the community, Denver Startup Week is happening 100% virtually, showcasing all things entrepreneurial in Denver. We are excited about the barriers removed for entry to DSW as we invite folks from around the world to come together, celebrate a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem in Denver and beyond, and showcase and build a culture of innovation. Now is the time to create your custom schedule as we kick off Denver Startup Week 2020!
Read on to help make the most of your experience, and please contact us at the bottom of this page with any questions!
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AN ACCESSIBILITY:
- Denver Startup Week is building an inclusive, connected, empowered, and diverse entrepreneurship ecosystem. We, the business community of Denver and beyond, must work together as we diversify & adapt our entrepreneurial spirit to build an even better, more resilient economy.
- At Denver Startup Week we strive to make all of our sessions a space where attendees can connect, learn, and grow — regardless of gender identity, gender expression, race, ability, sexual orientation, and the combination of those identities.
- Moreover, we strive to hold events that not only include, but affirm the identities of everyone present.
- When you register for a session, you agree to make our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion your commitment to DEI. Please see our Code of Conduct here.
- We will provide closed captioning for sessions at Denver Startup Week 2020. Please check session descriptions to see if this will be offered.
HOW SESSIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE:
- Denver Startup Week is going to look different this year - and we are so excited about all the new features we have ready for our community.
- All of our DSW 2020 sessions are happening live in Zoom webinars, and every session will be streamed to Youtube Live in real time. If you aren't able to make it live in the Zoom room as one of our first 300 registered attendees, head over to denverstartupweek.org - you'll be able to hop on the session there. Our new home page (shown above) will highlight all live and upcoming sessions. Once you find your session, click on the video to join the Youtube stream.
- We are offering sessions of all shapes and sizes - Webinars, Meetings, Job Fairs, 'DSW Blitz: Big Lessons, Lightning Fast' sessions, interactive Happy Hours and more. There are so many ways to get involved and discover content this year, so make sure you are following @DENStartupWeek on social media.
- Don't be afraid to have fun and get creative! However you are able to join, we can't wait to see you virtually.
USING ZOOM DURING DENVER STARTUP WEEK:
- We suggest updating your Zoom profile before joining sessions to get the most out of networking.
- If you aren't familiar with Zoom, take a look at this resource dashboard to get started.
- Most sessions will be hosted as webinars, which means there will not be attendee video.
- If you are in a session where the attendee videos are visible, join using your camera! It will make the session more engaging for everyone.
- Whenever you are not speaking, please make sure to mute your microphone. If you do not, hosts will mute you to ensure other attendees are able to hear the session.
- Feeling a bit nervous to join the first virtual Denver Startup Week? Dedicate special space for DSW in your home where you are comfortable, away from distractions and in a space where you can focus, preferably at a desk or table. Also feel free to join us from your favorite patio or park!
- If you are able to, try and use headphones or be in a quiet place so if you speak everyone can hear you clearly.
- Do not have Zoom opened on multiple devices. If you must, make sure one device is muted otherwise the group will hear an echo. For example, if your computer speakers don’t work well, you may also use the Call- in number for audio on your cell phone. If this is the case, mute your computer, and use headphones with your phone.
- To change your display name during a meeting: click on the three dots next to your video and select ‘rename’.
- Many sessions will have a Q & A section, and some will be answering questions throughout their presentations. You will be given specific instructions on how to ask questions.
USING REMO DURING DENVER STARTUP WEEK:
- Remo is a fun and engaging platform that let's you hop from table to table to engage in small group conversations.
- If you are planning on joining one of our Job Fairs or Happy Hours on Remo, please see this guide for attendees, which includes information and instructions on setting up your profile.
TROUBLESHOOTING LIVE DURING DSW:
- If there are obvious technical issues happening during a session, be kind to your host. Everyone will be trying their hardest to make these sessions go smoothly!
- All sessions will be streamed live to the Denver Startup Week home page and YouTube Live. As a last resort, feel free to leave your Zoom meeting and join this way instead to make sure you don't miss your session.
- If you have any questions that were not answered in this article, please Contact Us here.
WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT DENVER STARTUP WEEK 2020!